Time to call us if...
- You think the female is OVERDUE and nothing is happening
*>63 days from ovulation
*>24 hours from dropped rectal temperature (<99° F)
- Dam is vomiting/not eating, etc.
- Bitch has been panting, pacing, and/or digging for longer than 12 hours and no other impending signs of labor
- Dam is pushing HARD for 30 minutes and no puppy seen or palpated in canal or puppy not progressing through birth canal
- Longer than 60-90 minutes in between puppies
- She stops labor and you KNOW there are more puppies to deliver (based on previous x-ray or ultrasound)
- Vaginal discharge is:
GREEN-indicates placental separation (see picture below), or
EXCESS BRIGHT RED-hemorrhage, or
BROWN and malodorous-possible infection
- YOUR GUT TELLS YOU SOMETHING IS WRONG!!
We take our own emergency calls, so if you have any questions throughout the night, please do not hesitate to call us!! Our office number is: 815-337-2900 and our pager number is 815-236-6873