Here is a list of supplies you need to have ready. Most of these items you will already have in your home, so there are only a few things to purchase.
- Dental floss
- Bulb syringe or DeLee Mucus trap
- Iodine solution
- Towels (warm) and paper towels
- Postal/food scale
- Latex gloves
- Emergency phone numbers
- Vanilla ice cream!
- Notebook and pen
- Can of commercial puppy formula, syringe, feeding tube
You may also need to keep the following ready in case you run into problems and need an unforeseen emergency C-section in the middle of the night:
- Car plug electricity adaptor plugged into the cigarette lighter
- Cooler, lined basket, or box to transport puppies
- Crate for the bitch
If you wish to print this list click please follow this link